Texts written by Orthodox Christians and relating to our faith are included here.
If you have written any kind of text which could be characterised as Orthodox,
I would be happy to have a look at it and maybe make it available through
The Orthodox Page.
To get the new calendar gospel reading for today, click here.
To get the old calendar gospel reading for today, click here.
To read how to get the gospel reading for today e-mailed to you automatically,
The St. Pachomius Library
Note that the St. Pachomius Library is no longer hosted at the Orthodox Page.
This library contains uncopyrighted
English translations of the Church Fathers, the acts of the Christian martyrs,
the proceedings of the Councils, the lives of the early saints, etc.
- Differences between the Orthodox Church and
Roman Catholicism By Fr. Michael Azkoul
- Some straight answers about the Orthodox Church
- Scriptural Evidence for the Sacred Nature of the Sacraments
- I Believe...: A Short Exposition of Orthodox Doctrine
- Orthodox CatechismA Catechism (information about the Orthodox Church)
- The Life of our Holy Mother Mary of Egypt
- There Is No Death A priest tells about the repose of his mother.
- A Homily on the Dormition of Our Supremely Pure Lady Theotokos and Ever-Virgin Mary By St. Gregory Palamas.
- Papa-Nicholas Planas is Canonized
- Three Fathers Text of a radio interview (translated) regarding three holy fathers of Mt. Athos.
- On the Procession of the Holy Spirit
- The Holy Angels
- Holy Light in Jerusalem
On the Holy Flame that appears annually in Jerusalem.
- On the Question of the Filioque
written by Fr John Meyendorff.
- Love your neighbor Written by
St. Cosmas of Aetolia
- The Holy Fire, relating to the
miraculous Holy Fire that appears annually at Pascha in Jerusalem.
- On Bells, Bell Ringing Rubrics
- The Jewish Question In The Russian Orthodox Church
On Anti-Semitism in Russia (in 4 parts).